Below you will find today’s Monday Morning Meeting talk I will give at TIMC.
Today I would like to talk to you about courage.
It’s tempting to think that courage is something others have or something that happens only when something big takes place. The fact is, courage is simple. More often than not, courage are small things you can do each day.
- Courage is stepping out of your comfort zone,
- Courage is stepping into the arena,
- Courage is the willingness to shuffle the cards and rock the boat,
- Courage is the willingness to put others before you,
- Courage is staring at the impossible and laughing,
- Courage is standing by your promises,
- Courage is approaching every situation with honor and respect,
- Courage is the willingness to give it another go after being broken, beat and scarred,
- Courage is seeing opportunity where others see the impossible,
- Courage is the willingness to take on a challenge,
- Courage is, to paraphrase Wayne Gretzky, to take the shot.
It’s really easy to doubt, criticize and “be a realist.” It’s easy because it lets us off the hook. We think – obviously, the odds are against me, so “no need to even imagine the failure that effort will bring.”
Better to just move along and lower my expectations.
It’s a way to hide.
So really then, courage is the the willingness to be vulnerable and flawed. To put yourself on the hook and realize that although all the odds are against me, I will try and if I fail at least…at the very least I can say I tried.
Have a great week!
(Photo credit: knezeves)