An old colleague recently asked me if I knew of any examples of corporate editorial guidelines. I transferred over this post by the Case Western Reserve University. I’ve never had to write up such guidelines, but I have a feeling that’s right around the corner. Here are their five reasons why you should have guidelines:
- It helps you determine what to write and lets readers (and search engines) know what to expect.
- It reduces off-topic submissions
- It matches advertisers with your audience (if you accept advertising on your blog)
- It supports your SEO strategies
- It promotes a professional image and can demonstrate your objectives